Data Visualization Designer (Brisbane, CA)
The Data Visualization Designer/Analyst helps the Marketing team leverage the power of data
to create clear and compelling visualizations that tell the You Tech story. Our ideal candidate is
an experienced designer with a passion for data analytics. Together, we will develop visual
presentations of our data to help tell stories about You Tech’s contribution to the retail
- Leverage analytics and visualization tools to present information that drives storytelling and decision making.
- Generate, validate, and maintain analytical reports and visualizations representing complex data sets.
- Produce interactive visuals (dashboards, charts, infographics) and presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to stakeholders and clients.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to polish data products and communicate analytical findings to relevant audiences through briefings, publications and reports.
- Support efforts to scale up use of visualization tools and enhanced data analytics.
- Develop valuable metrics and dashboards to help You Tech teams assess KPIs, trends, and business needs.
- Extensive design experience, including production of dynamic visualization and presentation of data, from simple graphics to complex stories.
- Corporate or consulting experience focused on using data to uncover insights that tell stories and drive actions.
- Experience with data visualization and presentation tools (such as D3.js, Adobe Illustrator, or similar).
- Exceptional problem-solving ability, logical reasoning, creative thinking, comfort with numbers, and the ability to untangle complex issues working closely with small, cross-functional teams.
- Strong writing, communication, presentation, and project management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL experience.
- Intermediate to advanced data visualization experience (D3, Angular, Tableau, Pentaho, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Programming or web development experience in scripting languages.
- Degree in data visualization, statistics, or a related social or computer science field.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position